Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Poinsettia Bush

Have you ever wondered what a poinsettia plant would look like if it was planted in the ground and had a chance to grow and grow?  It wouldn't happen in Colorado so I've really never thought about it.  One day not too long ago I started noticing these beautiful bushes with familiar looking red flowers.  Then it dawned on me they're poinsettias!!  Of course, I had to take pictures and now I want to share them with you.  Enjoy!


This is just one yard that has these but now that I know what I'm seeing, I recognize many throughout the city.  Remember, it's also wintertime right now in the southern hemisphere so it's perfect for...their Independence Day (July 9th)?  Naw...but I'm sure it's perfect for something!  Believe me, they don't produce any poinsettias during the Christmas season.  That's when we're boiling and thinking sandals and cold sodas and hoping to get into a house with air conditioning.

No comments:

Post a Comment