Sunday, March 25, 2012

Corn and cats...

We were driving home from our visits one day last week - in town and in our area - and we noticed HUGE piles of corn at every fruit and vegetable stand.  So we stopped and bought 4 ears.  They cost about $.25 each and were humongous.







Looks pretty big, doesn't it?!













We had 2 elders over for lunch and enjoyed sharing the corn with them.  But...I do have to say this:  the flavor wasn't as good as at home.  That part was disappointing.  Nevertheless, it sure was fun having fresh corn-on-the-cob!








Now look at these darling cats I just found out in our backyard!  The one in front is just a little kitten.  That was a fun find this afternoon!  I was sitting in the kitchen reading my scriptures and having some study time online when I looked up and saw some friends in the backyard.  They look pretty comfortable so I'm guessing this is a fairly frequent thing they do.  It beats our coming home one P-day and finding a dog in our backyard, barking away frantically.  Later that week I saw a dog up on the back wall and decided that's how the other one came to be in our backyard.  At least cats can jump fences and leave whenever they want.





No comments:

Post a Comment